Putting Flash games on the blog post is sure to make your readers stand and pay attention. Embedding Flash object is no more difficult than embedding a video file or streaming music player. What is needed is a small section of your HTML code. While all the blogging platforms have their own tips and tricks specific to their user interface, the steps to write and paste the code into your post remains the same.
- Log in to your blog's. Create a new post
- Select HTML editing rather than rich text editing. Above the text field in which you write your post's content, look for tabs labeled "HTML" and "Design." These titles may vary depending on the blogging service or software you are using. Not all blogging services may have this option, in which case it is likely that HTML editing is enabled by default.
- Type the following code into your blog post :
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="400" height="300">
<param name=movie value="flashgame.swf">
<param name=quality value=high>
<embed src="http://www.example.com/flashgame.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300">
- Change the "filename.swf" and the "http://www.example.com/flashgame.swf" values to correctly reflect the file name and the hosting location of your flash game. You may also need to adjust the height and width values to correspond with your game.
- Save and publish your post